Backend Developer – fulltime job in The Netherlands (The Haque / Den Haag)
Our client: payment solutions for tomorrow’s economies
Our client serves a potential market of 2 billion people worldwide who have jobs but no bank account. This means they are cut off from even the most basic financial services. Companies that employ bankless people feel this acutely; they have to manage huge amounts of cash, which is costly and creates a lot of hassle.
Our client is committed to transforming the lives of both employers and employees. They automate the payroll process for employers and provide a debit card and mobile app for unbanked employees, meaning that employers no longer have to handle large amounts of cash.
They are headquartered in London, their software development center has recently launched in The Netherlands and they are serving their first marketplace in Egypt in partnership with Barclays. Their customers include multinationals like Vodafone, Philips and Samsung, as well as several embassies.
For the recently launched development center in The Netherlands our client is eager to hire backend and frontend developers who will teamup to develop the payroll and banking applications required for their business.
Do you fancy working in a small team of experienced developers committed to delivering code that will touch many people across the world?
You will be developing new applications from scratch. Everything related to databases, code, queries and software is your responsibility.
Since the development team is ramping up from scratch, you can influence the development process to a large extent.
You will be working in a small core team with a customer engagement /user design officer and fellow backend and frontend developers. Together you will work on applications with enormous growth potential.
- experience in developing solution from scratch
- 5+ years of experience in developing server side Java solutions
- 3+ years of experience in developing high-volume, high-value systems
- 5+ years of experience in developing using agile methods in SCRUM or DevOps based environments
- Extensive knowledge of SOA (SOAP and RESTful)
- Extensive knowledge of micro-services and Node.JS
- An understanding of security as an integral part of the solution
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
- 3+ years of experience in developing using GIT and version control strategies
- Working knowledge of 12 Factor applications
- 5+ years of experience with relational database like MySQL
- 2+ years of experience with MySQL
- 2+ years of experience with NoSQL database like MongoDB and GraphDB
- a developer of clean code, build for maintenance, designed for failure
- Fluent in English
- a team player
- Focused on results
- Eager to experiment in the after hours
- Eager to work with cutting edge technology
- Willing to learn and teach
- Openminded to change and innovation
Den Haag (The Haque) – The Netherlands
4000+ EUR NET per month
To express your interest in the open position please e-mail us on email@example.com or call us on +3598 8608 0873 or use the CV tool on our website stating BDN-16